Korean Fever!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's undeniable that Japanese fever is slowly going away and the Korean fever is taking over the spot. SARANGHAE Hanguk!

So what is Korean Fever?!
It actually refers to the significantly increased popularity of South Korean culture around the world.

How did all this start?!
According to Michael D. Shin, professor of Modern Korean Literature and History at Cornell, Korean fever is overwhelmingly driven by Korean TV dramas.

NOW WE KNOW THE CULPRIT!

Here's a list of the well-known Korean Dramas:

Autumn in My Heart?

Winter Sonata?

Jewel in the Palace?

Full House?

Does that ring your bell? I'm sure at least one or two rang. These Korean dramas were hits in the 21st century. They were everyone's topic. Thanks to the wonderful world of entertainment!

I wasn't a fan of Korean till I watched Brilliant Legacy which was aired on 8TV during mid 2010.
You can check out the drama's synopsis here.

Now the fever is getting crazier!!! With boy and girl bands like Super Juniors, Girl's Generation, 2AM, Big Bang, DBSK etc., more and more people are infected by this epidemic.

Korea is getting more significant in this world. People look up to them, wanna be like them, dress like them, talk like them... or even LOOK like them! (Thank God I'm not that extreme.)

Anyway, before I end this post, I would like to spread my fever to people.

This is a soundtrack by Lee Seung Gi, one of the most influential Korean star at the moment, of the drama My Girlfriend is a Gumiho.

Hope you enjoyed it.

0 comments: